Home » Blessing » United Heart of America

United Heart of America

american-flag

Well it’s been a few weeks since the election of our 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump,  and there are still those interested in pursuing a recount of votes – like Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party.

While it is true that Hilary Clinton does now lead in the popular vote by 2,357,260 votes with the states of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania still busy recounting votes, Donald Trump is way ahead in the electoral college by a whopping 104 electoral votes.

We all know that the electoral college is the vote that really counts in electing the President as was set up by the Founding Fathers of America under article 2, section 1 of the United States Constitution. There are a total of 538 electors which are based upon the number of members of congress per state.  The exception is the District of Columbia which has the number of electors of the smallest state which is currently 3. Two-hundred seventy electoral votes are needed to elect the President, or which Donald Trump has 306 already.  Some argue that the electoral college is not a fair system and should be eradicated.  My argument to that insane comment is that there would be no fair balance between the smaller states and larger states in voting for the President if it was abolished.

When I was going to elementary school, there is something we did every single day of school before we would start our day.  We would stand up beside our desks, place our right hand over our hearts, face the United States flag of America positioned in the corner of the room,  and boldly say these words.

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Hilary Clinton has already conceded, and it looks as if she does not, and will never have enough electoral votes to win the election, in spite of her lead in the popular vote. Nothing will change the outcome of Donald J. Trump officially becoming our 45th President of the United States in January 2017.

No matter how much we protest in the streets or pout, or want to move to another country, nothing will change the outcome.  Division gets us nowhere as a country. We as Americans need to unite behind our flag and President and move forward as a nation of one now.  We have much to accomplish to make our country even better than it is now!

1. deanie2013 says:

I totally agree, Tony. I don’t remember any public protests by people who didn’t vote for Pres. Obama in the last 2 elections. Even Mrs. Clinton said,” We have to accept the outcome” in her concession speech.

Liked by 3 people

2. Absolutely Deanie! I think we have raised a nation of spoiled cry babies with entitlement written on their foreheads. They feel like they should be given everything they want, and if they don’t get their way then they pout and cry about it by protesting, stomping their feet, and burning things up, which makes no sense to me. Sometimes the outcome of life doesn’t turn out how you want it to.

Liked by 3 people

3. I’ll be honest and say I’m extremely disappointed by the way the election went, and seeing the President-elects cabinet choices, his continuing tweets, and potential conflicts of interests so far haven’t raised my spirits. But it is what it is. People are always disappointed by the victor depending on what side they’re on. I’m personally praying the democrats and the media learn a lesson from what’s happened and in four years, people like me who do not stand with Trump or his ideals, will get another shot at changing things.

4. tabitha59reachingout says:

Good post, Tony! My hope is that Donald Trump will get America out of debt and help the USA with their finances. He seems to be pretty good in that area. Who knows? Maybe he will shock people and do even greater things than that?! :0

Liked by 2 people

• I really think he will do a good job as President Debbie. Just give him a little time to get things going and give him a chance.

• tabitha59reachingout says:

I truly hope so, Tony. I have heard just as many good things about him as I have heard bad, so I wish him all the best. I am certain it is very difficult to be in the limelight like that all the time. There are always vultures out to get you when you’re there. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes at all. 🙂

5. deanie2013 says:

I couldn’t agree more, Tony, My sisters and I were raised to work for what we wanted. We were never coddled like some delicate young people today Our parents would’ve told us “Suck it up, Buttercup” and we’d have carried on in spite of disappointment.

6. joliesattic says:

His job will not be an easy one. For one, the media is still slamming him on TV as well as anyone else that feels they have an ax to grind. His will probably be the most difficult presidency there has ever been in history. I am seeing people who claim to be passive being extremely cruel, hateful and violent and people who for so many years have bitten their tongue and kept their racial prejudices in check are now openly being absolutely horrid. People on both sides have disappointed me greatly. When we talk prejudice, everyone seems to think it is racial, but prejudices have a range beyond color. Hate perpetuates hate and goes way beyond color. We have become a people who believes that our own opinion over another’s takes precedent. We have become a selfish, self-serving nation and it has to stop.

Your call to rally behind our president is a good one. For too many years this country has been divided. People everywhere rallied behind Bush when he initially proposed going to Iraq, including Hillary. I watched her on TV standing in support of him along with many other Dems. The nation was hurt and angry after 9-11, but once that shock wore off, they would later chide him for going as if he’d made the decision alone.

It’s time for this to stop. We need to back our president elect when he takes office and see what he does. Give him a chance. We could be (I hope) pleasantly surprised. It may be tough going at first, change always is and if what we do is take one step back and two forward then we will still make progress. How badly do we want to see change? It’s up to us.

7. Thank you very much for your comments! I agree with you that prejudices do extend way past the color of ones skin and that we have become a nation full of self-serving selfish people! Great points you made here.

You are right about getting behind the president even if one did not support him. We need to join forces Democrats, Republicans and Independents and lend the president our support. In four years if things don’t get better then we vote in a change. In the meantime prayers for this inexperienced president are in order. May God bless America! Hugs xx

9. GP Cox says: