Home » Blessing » Grandpa Thanksgiving

Grandpa Thanksgiving

tony-kensington

My wife Denise and I just found out we are going to be grandparents this summer. This has been the best Thanksgiving gift we could have ever received.  GOD is great and we can’t wait to see the new little blessing that is on the way.

This is our first one on both sides of the family so I am sure the little one will get an avalanche of spoiling. I am not quite sure I can wait until summertime though! There are so many things running through my mind about what I want to tell, teach, and do with our new grand baby.

Whether it’s a girl, or whether it’s a boy it makes no difference to me.  We are supposed to have some sort of a reveal party where that information, I guess is revealed? Something about blue or pink balloons popping out of a box. I know GOD has great things planned for this little one!

Someone asked me what I want to be called?  I don’t know, but I have a few months to think about that one.  I suppose I’ll be called whatever the grand baby ends up calling me.  They say the grand babies end up calling the grand parents whatever the first one starts calling them. That’s what happened with our daughter too.  Whatever happens, is fine with me.

We are looking forward to this new adventure in our lives.  I am sure it will be a great ride!

1. Yinglan says:

Congratulations! And Happy Belated Thanksgiving! 🙂

How wonderful, Tony! So happy for you! You are truly blessed when you have a grandchild. They are gifts from Heaven! I adore my five grandchildren! Blessings & hugs! ❤️️

3. vw1212 says:

congratulations…vw

4. lynn__ says:

Happy for you as you await grand baby’s arrival !!

5. Andy Oldham says:

You are in for the most joy in life. You get to spoil ‘me and send ‘me home. You are blessed!

6. joliesattic says:

Congratulations!! That is a blessing and you’ll love the ones that come after as much as the first!!! They are so much fun.

7. tabitha59reachingout says:

Tony, I am so happy for you. Congratulations! You will love being a Grandpa. Our firstborn was also the first grandchild on each side of the family, and she started calling my Dad “Pop-pop” and it stuck with all the other 11 grandkids. My mother gets called “Nanny” and that stuck too. I took one look at our first grandchild and declared that she could call me whatever she wanted so long as she was mine. That was nearly 10 years ago. Grandchildren are a huge blessing. I know you will enjoy every moment of them. God bless you and yours as you prepare for the many precious moments ahead of you. 🙂

8. Thanks Debbie! We are so looking forward to it. GOD is good! I know things are getting ready to change for our daughter though who is so much of a perfectionist…everything in its place. Oh well, I guess it is time to change because nothing will be in its place anymore for a while… LOL…And sleep, well get as much as you can for the next 4 or 5 months because that is something only written about in the history books now… LOL

9. osarobohenry says:

Congratulations my good friend for the awaiting great gift. May God be with you all in the name of Jesus Christ.

10. Thanks so much Henry! Yes, GOD is blessing us with a very very special gift!