Home » Advice » Moments

Moments

Beach Photo

My eyes are closed

Lying here in this warm sand

The crashing waves wash the tiny particles of sand covering my feet

The hands of the sun caress my face

The beach birds go about their own daily routine of begging and seeking what may be left behind

In these quiet moments I realize just how good it is to be alive

To sense the wonders of the created but more importantly the creator

The hard days don’t look so hard in moments like these when I stop the world to listen, to feel,

To sense his presence and what matters most of all

Moments pass

As do the days

Yet it is in the moments that we truly live and move and have our being

Fear not what tomorrow may bring but live this day he says

For today is the day I have given you

The world collides like the waves crash the shoreline again, then again, then again

Be still he says

And the waves disappear into the ocean of my vast love and care

Be still and know

Be still and know that he is

Be still and know that he is always

Be still and know that he is always there

1. ropheka says:

It is when I am in the beauty of His creation the the weight of the world disintegrates to be replaced with Gods amazing peace and love.Joseph- Anthony: Green

Liked by 2 people

2. vw1212 says:

Dude, this is so serene and tranquil…the writing is good also…:) vw

Liked by 2 people

Lovely,Tony! 😘

Liked by 2 people

4. tabitha59reachingout says:

Very beautiful! This takes me back to when I was single and sharing a bedroom with 3 silly sisters. πŸ™‚ I used to escape to the beach nearby at least twice a week to be restored and peaceful again. Loved it and needed it. I do believe God uses nature to speak to us in profound ways. Bless you, Tony. May you find many peaceful moments all around you. πŸ™‚

5. lynn__ says:

Beautiful…the idea of sun caressing face with hands ☺️. And Ps. 46 is my favorite…Be still and know that I am God.

6. secretangel says:

Absolutely beautiful… words and the picture. Nothing better for us to do than “be still”. God bless you!