Home » Advice » LEGACY OF WORDS

LEGACY OF WORDS

Leaving A Legacy

I came across this photo of my daughter and I recently of when she was a youngster.  I was obviously a little younger myself.  It made me stop to think about what is really important for our children and those we leave behind when we are gone.  Sure we can leave money, but that will eventually be spent. We can leave a car or a home, but those will eventually have to be replaced or repaired. We can leave expensive paintings, jewelry, gold, silver, stocks and bonds, or maybe even some oil wells.  Those are all certainly nice material things to leave if we are fortunate enough to have accumulated them in some way and can leave them behind for others to enjoy.

What is more important than all of that is to leave them your life and what they meant to you in the form of words. Leave them a legacy of words that won’t decay or ever go away.  You can write them a book, or letters, or even leave behind the blogs you have done.  We all have been given a gift like no other people who came before us with the blog and the internet.  The words that we shape and form into sentences have the capability of transforming and changing lives across the world in some way every single day.  Not just for a day, but for every single day that they remain on the internet. They travel across the oceans and continents forever and find a resting place in someone’s heart and mind.  Think about the power your very words have and the legacy you leave others every day!  You can be a difference maker, a world changer, and a legacy leaver with your positive, uplifting, life-changing words every single day. You can share your life experiences and help someone every day.  Leaving your legacy in words is so much more important and valuable than leaving your legacy in things!

Some of the most important life-changing tools we have been given to use wisely are paper, pencil, and the internet. Make a difference forever in the lives of others by using them to the best of your ability today.

1. Excellent post! A beautifully written reminder of what really matters in Life; people taking care of people.

Liked by 2 people

2. milliethom says:

What a meaningful post, Tony, so beautifully expressed. You are so right in everything you say. The photo of you and your daughter is lovely and will no doubt be cherished for ever. Material things aren’t what’s imortant in life. (if I’d thought they were, I wouldn’t have had six children! haha). Family love is so much more important. To leave behind a record of happy memories, times and words shared and feelings expressed, is so important.

Liked by 2 people

3. That’s a nice piece of memory! How time flies fast…

Liked by 2 people

4. tabitha59reachingout says:

Thank you, Tony, for such an inspiring article! You have just given me a few ideas of what I can do for my children. Bless you. Love the photo too. Very sweet. 🙂

5. Thanks Debbie! Thanks for stopping by today.

6. tabitha59reachingout says:

Always a pleasure! 🙂

Liked by 2 people

7. lynn__ says:

Wonderful photo and thoughts expressed here, Tony! I only hope my children/grands may read my blog…now and/or later 🙂

Liked by 2 people

8. Thanks Lynn. They will read it I’m sure.

9. Rookienotes says:

thank you for this reminder of what matters in life and I love your daughters face. Her expression is too cute.

Liked by 2 people

10. Wow, this really strikes it with me! Wonderful words of life! That’s what is most important and will last forever in some form or another. God left HIS Word with us. Thank you for connecting.

Liked by 2 people

11. lynettedavis says:

“You can be a difference maker, a world changer, and a legacy leaver with your positive, uplifting, life-changing words every single day.” Yes! This is what it’s about for memoir writers.

Liked by 2 people

12. hoojewale says:

Jesus said, “The words that I speak have life…” We can truly take care of our children’s future by the quickening words of today. Among my siblings, we still quote our late father’s wise sayings. We truly owe our children an everlasting legacy of words of guidance; no doubt, it is for this reason God chose us to beget them in the first place. I really enjoyed reading your post, and thanks for liking my “…OF A CHRISTIAN” post.

Liked by 2 people

13. Thank you for stopping by today and for your very kind comments. I like what you have said about ” leaving our children an everlasting legacy of words of guidance, no doubt, it is for this reason GOD chose us to beget them in the first place.” Those comments really struck a chord with me.

14. lvsrao says:

Excellent Article. The most valuable advice. Inspiring.
    The photo is also beautiful.

Liked by 2 people