So let me ask you a question if I can. Are you supposed to honk before passing someone on the highway? If you answered no you are only supposed to pass to warn someone of something you would be partly correct. That answer does not apply in the town of Yukon, Oklahoma where I went to high school. Yukon is situated just off Route 66 so there is a lot of traffic coming through town.
According to the law in the City of Yukon, you must honk before passing someone. It is a strange law I agree, but nonetheless it is on the books. Take a look at some of these other strange laws that Oklahoma has that I bet you never knew existed.
– Tattoos used to be against the law in Oklahoma until the law was repealed in 2006.
– It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
– Tissues are not to be found in the back seat of one’s car.
– In Wynona, Oklahoma you may not drink out of bird baths and you can not wash clothes in bird baths either.
– It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
– Violators can be fined , arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog.
– No one may spit on a sidewalk.
– Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another’s hamburger.
– In Oklahoma City no one may walk backwards downtown while eating a hamburger.
– In Tulsa you may not open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.
You might think I am making all of this up, but this is true. Do you have any weird laws where you live?