Home » Advice » MERRY CHRISTMAS STAY WELL

MERRY CHRISTMAS STAY WELL

IMG_0379IMG_0382IMG_0398

I have been feeling a little sick lately with a cold or flu that just came on me. I am not exactly sure what it is.  My eyes feel like someone took a drill and drilled all around my eye sockets and now the irritating coughing thing has started. I don’t mind the coughing but the eye drills bother me.  My mom recommended some zinc tablets which seem to have helped and I have of course tried some of the old chicken soup to try to knock this thing down. If any of you have any remedies that have worked for you, let me know!

Earlier in the week I visited Rhema Bible College and church campus near our house here in Oklahoma with my family. Every year they dress up the campus with some outstanding displays of Christmas lights.  I just wanted to share a few of the photos with you that I took.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! May you have a very blessed time of celebration of our LORD’s birthday!

1. So sorry you aren’t feeling well. Hope you are on the mend soon. It sounds like you need something like Mucinex to dry up the congestion.

2. lovessiamese says:

So sorry you’re feeling ill, especially at this time of the year. Here are some things that have really helped me. I hope you can use them and that they will help you recover quickly.
    1) a fried egg sandwich loaded with raw onion. After eating this, drink a glass of hot lemonade or echinacea tea with local honey, and go to bed for the night.
    2) vicks vapo-rub on the tip of your nose and in the center line just above your lip. Add a moist warm compress and go to bed.
    3) Lots of real orange juice, nothing added, and loads of Vitamin C. When you’re sick you can take Vitamin C all day. Your body just passes what it doesn’t use.
    4) Lots of fresh fruit with all the cinnamon you can stand.
    5) Research all the health benefits of cider vinegar. I can’t remember them all but I’m sure there are some that help with colds. You just need to now how to use it for that purpose. It is loaded with health benefits for all kinds of maladies.
    Hope you feel better real soon. God bless.

3. I hope you feel better in time for Christmas Tony. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!

4. lucinda408l says:

hope you get well soon! Enjoy the Christmas days and be blessed!

5. Merry Christmas and hope you feel better!

6. Stopped by to say Hello & check out your blog. Thank you for the like on my blog also.
    I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well, Praying you get well soon.
    Merry Christmas!!

7. Elizabeth says:

Tony, thanks for the like on one of the poems from my poetry jam series. Anyway, hope you get well soon and stay merry this Christmas.

8. Michael says:

Merry Christmas to you too, Tony. Get better soon.

9. blessed1 says:

I hope you’re feeling much better and have had a wonderful Christmas – blessed by what all God has surrounded you with.

Hope you are well over your cold by now. Love the photos – beautiful lights! Happy New Year and stay healthy! Good old chicken soup does help. I make a delicious soup – Escarole with chicken! Cures what ails you!

11. Debbie says:

Hello Tony. Thanks for following my blog. I hope it blesses and enriches your life somehow. I am sorry you aren’t well. I do know of some really effective home remedies that will build up your immune system very quickly and effectively. Fresh, raw garlic added to any recipe, plus Oil of Oregano which you can get from any health food store. Also, onions, leeks and echinacea are good too. I would have to say that garlic is the best, though. Feed it to your family and friends and no one will know the difference. You can also get some “deoderized garlic” from the health store, if you are really concerned about odors. Keep in mind that one teaspoon of sugar will weaken your immune system for up to six hours, so watch those sweets and Christmas goodies. Dairy in anything will thicken the mucous in your system, so it’s best to avoid that too. Sleep and drinking lots of good water are also very important. Remember when the Israelites complained about leaving Egypt because they had no garlic or leeks? Well, it’s because they knew about the wonderful health benefits they had. Both of these will add great flavour to any vegetable or meat dish. If you go easy on the meats and heavy on the fruits and vegetables, that will help too. Take care of yourself and God bless you. Debbie.