Home » GOD » FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS

FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS

img_03131.jpg

I am not quite sure why today but a song by the Christian singer Wayne Watson kept running through my head just as I was waking up. I had the privilege  of meeting Wayne Watson at Sugar Recording Studios in Houston, Texas several years ago in the late 1980’s before he penned this song. Some of the lyrics of the song are as follows.

“For such a time as this I was placed upon this earth. To hear the voice of GOD and do his will whatever it is. For such a time as this. For now and all the days he gives. I am here, I am here and I am his. For such a time as this. You, do you ever wonder why. Seems like the grass is always greener under everybody else’s sky. But right here, right here for this time and place you can live a mirror of his mercy, a forgiven image of his grace.”

I am not sure if this was intended for someone here today or not but I do know that GOD has an intended purpose and time for each of us. Even the birds have a purpose – to sing back to GOD and give him the glory due his name. May you find your purpose in this time.

1. Loni says:

Thank you for this post. It certainly speaks to me today.

2. I love this Wayne Watson song – it’s one of my favorites ever.

3. cperrington says:

I’m not too familiar with this type of music, but I’ll definitely give this song a try. Keep blogging!

4. anchorrock4 says:

Yes, for a time like this I am here by God’s perfect timing and plan. Thank you for the reminder.

5. lovessiamese says:

Thank you for this post. This line comes from one of my favorite Bible characters, Esther. I never heard this song by Wayne Watson but I do have a couple of his CD’s. We are all here at this time in history because it is the time God chose to use us to share His great love, grace, and mercy to the rest of the world. I’ll be following your blog.

6. dansarc says:

Love this post and that song from Wayne Watson. It played on my iPod this summer while I was extremely ill and in the hospital when they were sure I had Lymphoma. The biopsy came back as Sarcoidosis instead. I know no matter what God places in my life whether it is this illness He has allowed me to have or whatever, I am here to do my best according to His will for my life for such a time as this!

7. oilofjoy says:

A timely word for the hour in which we are living.

Thank you, Tony, for following my blog. It is a pleasure to read your inspiration blog. I will follow back. Best wishes for a Happy & Healthy New Year!